Complaint, Concern, Compliment
One of the core values that guides our work across the North West LHIN is listening to feedback from Northerners. The North West LHIN's Complaint, Concern, and Compliment process provides people with a means of registering a health care complaint, concern, or feedback, on what is working well related to the care they receive.
The process ensures follow-up and helps to identify potential systemic issues. The North West LHIN is committed to resolving or overseeing the resolution of a complaint in a timely manner. A review process is in place to record and ensure that reported complaints are addressed. All reported complaints will:
Pan-LHIN Guiding Principles: Complaints Management
- Be received with courtesy and recorded accurately
- Be acted upon promptly and fairly
- Be confidential and protected
Protecting Your Privacy
If you have a concern that requires us to collect your personal information and you would like us to follow up, the North West LHIN and its staff may need to collect your personal information in accordance with the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
If we do need to collect your personal information, we will require your written consent. A link to the Consent Form may be found here.
If you have any questions about this collection and use of personal information or the consent form, please contact email@example.com
If you have concerns that relate to services provided or to be provided by someone else and not to you, please contact the North West LHIN directly for further instructions.
To contact the Ontario Ombudsman please click here
To contact the Patient Ombudsman please click here
If you wish to contact the North West LHIN to file a complaint, concern, or compliment, there are several ways of doing so:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When filing a complaint by email, please ensure you address the following questions:
- What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?
- What is your concern?
- Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?
- What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?
- Please also provide:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Your permission for the North West LHIN to contact you regarding the specific concern.
- Your understanding that the information you provided may be used by the North West LHIN to address your specific concern.
- Fax: 807-684-9533
- In person at our Thunder Bay office:
- 975 Alloy Drive, Suite 201
- Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
If you wish to receive a copy of the North West LHIN Complaint, Concern, Compliment policy, please contact us.
Note: The North West LHIN is not a health custodian under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004.
North West LHIN Information
To access the North West LHIN Home and Community Care Feedback, Complaints, and Appeals form - click here.
Health Care Consent Act
The Health Care Consent Act (HCCA)
is an Ontario law that has to do with the capacity to consent to treatment.
Request Form under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act/
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act - click here.