Social Media Participation Guidelines
The North West LHIN social media accounts are managed by the communications team, weekdays from 9am-5pm.
By submitting a comment or other material to the North West LHIN via its website feedback form or its social media sites as outlined above, users give the North West LHIN the irrevocable right to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any content you provide, which includes using your comment for any purpose in any form and on any media, including but not limited to: displaying, modifying, reproducing, distributing, creating other works from, and publishing.
The North West LHIN reserves the right to review all comments before they are posted, and to edit them to preserve readability for other users.
The North West LHIN further reserves the right to reject or remove comments for any reason, including but not limited to, our belief that the comments violate this Policy, to determine in its sole discretion which comments meet its qualifications for posting, and to remove comments for any reason. Any comments that violate this Policy in any way or are otherwise irrelevant will not be posted.
The North West LHIN will not respond to every posting, especially those that address individual medical issues.
The North West LHIN is not responsible for the content of any comment. Comments represent the views and opinions of the person(s) posting the comment and do not represent the views or opinions of the North West LHIN.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time in our judgment to address issues that may arise and changes in our operations or the law.
Terms and Conditions
By posting a comment or material of any kind to the North West LHIN via its website feedback form and social media sites, the user hereby agrees to the Terms and Conditions set forth below.
In submitting and/or posting a comment or other material to the North West LHIN, via its website feedback form or its social media sites, you agree to not:
- Submit/post material that the North West LHIN determines is not in compliance with the Human Rights Code, is profane, offensive, threatening, harassing, illegal, obscene, sexually explicit, inappropriate, inflammatory, defamatory, slanderous, or hostile towards any individual or entity.
- Submit/post phone numbers or email addresses of yourself or any other individual or entity. Please do not assume the good intentions of everyone who reads them.
- Submit/post any information which conflicts with the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004.
- Submit/post material that infringes on the rights of the North West LHIN or any individual or entity, including privacy, intellectual property or publication rights.
- Submit/post chain letters, post the same comment multiple times, or otherwise distribute spam.
- Allow any other individual or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Submit/post comments under multiple names or using another name.
The North West LHIN reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Ban future posts from people who repeatedly violate our Terms and Conditions. We may affect such bans by refusing posts from specific email addresses, or through other means as necessary.
- Remove or edit comments at any time, whether or not they violate these Terms and Conditions.
User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the North West Local Health Integration Network, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of any claim by a third party relating to any material user has submitted to/posted to the North West LHIN.