Fort Frances, Manitouwadge Teams Honoured as Leaders in System Integration for Person-Centred Care
North West LHIN Leadership Award presented to Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services and Manitouwadge Local Health Hub
Thunder Bay, December 12, 2016 - The North West Local Health Integration Network’s (LHIN) Board of Directors presented the North West LHIN Leadership Award to acknowledge outstanding contributions to health system transformation in Northwestern Ontario. 2016 marks the second annual presentation of the Leadership Award.
Earlier this year, North West LHIN-funded health service providers were invited to nominate individuals, teams, and organizations from across the region for the Leadership Award, which is presented at the annual Open House event.
Dan Levesque, North West LHIN Interim Board Chair, was on hand to announce this year’s recipients: Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services, recognized for Exceptional/Commendable Practice in Value Creation, and the Manitouwadge Local Health Hub, recognized for Exceptional/Commendable Approach to Collaboration/Partnership.
Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services was nominated for being a leader in innovative health care, guided by the Seven Grandfathers of the Anishinaabe, inspiring knowledge, strength and empowerment for the purpose of lifelong Mino-ayawin (Good Health). The award also acknowledges their focus on providing care to the 10 First Nation communities in Southern Treaty Three. This care is tailored to the needs of the population they serve, and ensures that FFTAHS is forging a path to wellness by integrating programming that is rooted in resiliency and strength.
Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services:
Exceptional and Commendable Practice in Value Creation
Manitouwadge Local Health Hub was nominated for integrating health services in the community to assist patient navigation, decrease duplication and provide the right services at the right time and in the right place. The result of their efforts is the successful creation of an Integrated Health Care Organization. The organization oversees acute care, long-term care, emergency, rehabilitation, the local Family Health Team, home nursing services, patient transportation and diabetes education among other programs.
Manitouwadge Local Health Hub:
Exceptional and Commendable Approach to Collaboration and Partnership
- The North West LHIN Leadership Award was introduced in 2015 by the North West LHIN Board of Directors as part of the organization’s 10th Anniversary celebrations, commemorating a decade of partnerships in service to the people of Northwestern Ontario.
- The Leadership Award is presented to an individual, team, or organization for demonstrating leadership and contributions to health system transformation in Northwestern Ontario including collaborating with others to improve the health outcomes.
- The Leadership Award accepts nominations in the following categories:
- Exceptional/Commendable Approach to Collaboration/Partnership
- Exceptional/Commendable Stakeholder Engagement
- Exceptional/Commendable Practice in Diversity
- Exceptional/Commendable Practice in Value Creation
- Distinguished Contribution Award