New Member Appointed to North West LHIN Board of Directors
Thunder Bay, February 24, 2017 – The Public Appointments Secretariat of the Province of Ontario, through Order-in-Council, has appointed a new member to the North West Local Health Integration Network’s (North West LHIN’s) Board of Directors.
Appointed on December 7, 2016 for a three-year term, the North West LHIN would like to welcome Carol Neff to the Board of Directors. A resident of Thunder Bay, Carol has enjoyed a long career as a passionate leader in the community support services sector. She served for nine years on the Board of Directors of the Ontario Community Support Association during an era of significant growth, change and opportunity. She has championed innovative health care solutions on numerous steering committees, networks and task groups, including the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Provincial Alzheimer Group, the North West LHIN Steering Committee for the Centre of Excellence for Integrated Services for Seniors, and the North West LHIN City of Thunder Bay Integrated District Network Health Link Steering Committee. She also co-chaired the North West Community Support Services Network for 15 years.
With degrees in Nursing and Education, the broad scope of Carol’s professional background ranges from pediatric nursing to children’s developmental services and respite care for adults with disabilities and seniors with chronic health conditions. For 27 years, Carol worked in leadership roles at Wesway, retiring as Corporate Development Manager in 2014.
“We are thrilled with Carol’s appointment, knowing she brings a diverse range of expertise, insight and passion to the role. It is always exciting to welcome a new member to the Board with whom we can share a passion for health care and a commitment to the people of Northwestern Ontario.”
- Dan Levesque, Interim Chair of the North West LHIN Board of Directors
“As a grandparent, I believe deeply in the need for a sustainable system of quality health care for our future generations,” says Carol. “I welcome the opportunity to offer my skills and experience in service to the LHIN Board and the communities of Northwestern Ontario.”
- Carol Neff, Member, North West LHIN Board of Directors
- Currently, the Board of Directors is comprised of: Cathy Farrell (Thunder Bay), Tina Copenace (Kenora), Dan Levesque (Geraldton), Gil Labine (Thunder Bay), Darryl Allan (Fort Frances), Tim Berube (Thunder Bay), and Herb ZoBell (Thunder Bay).
- The role of the LHIN Board of Directors is to oversee, advise on and govern the strategic direction and priorities of the LHIN.
- Directors are appointed by Order-In-Council through a process administered by the Public Appointment Secretariat for a term of up to three years, and may be appointed for one further term.
- The Chair and the Directors are appointed based on their expertise, experience, leadership skills and the needs of the LHIN and are accountable, through the Chair, to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care for the LHIN’s use of public funds and for its results in the local health system.
- The North West LHIN is responsible for planning, integrating and funding local health services – hospitals, long-term care homes, the Community Care Access Centre, community health centres, community support services and mental health and addictions agencies. The North West LHIN and its Board of Directors are responsible for more than $650 million of health care services delivered in Northwestern Ontario.
Corporate Communications and Community Engagement Consultant
807-684-9425, extension 2013
Toll free: 1-866-907-5446, extension 2013
Director, Corporate Communications and Community Engagement
807-684-9425, extension 2039
Toll free: 1-866-907-5446, extension 2039
To download the News Release, please click here.